Friday, May 25, 2012

Let There Be Light

Yesterday I took some time to finally change the headlight switch. I removed the four screws holding the interior panel so I could get to the switch. You need a really wide screwdriver to open the screw that holds the switch in place. I didn't have one so I cut a small piece from sheet metal that I could use. Then I just moved the wiring and vacuum hoses to the new switch, started the car and tested the connections. And it worked! The headlamps opened up almost immediately!

Screwing everything back together took a few minutes and then it was time for a test drive. I drove around the block playing with the light and they responded after only a few seconds of hesitation after putting the lights on or off. And even the knob now stayed in the switch without coming off every time you turned the light on. One thing less to worry about again.

No comments:

Post a Comment