Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ordering Interior Parts


I've been missing a few interior parts from my Corvette. The rear window frame and lower trim, center console side panels and horn button were the most visible items. In addition both side AC air ducts and driver side vent were missing. As the car was otherwise complete, it was time to start hunting for them. You can get reproduction versions of the interior panels but not of the ducts. So I went to eBay to get original parts.

I tried emailing some used parts sellers but never got a reply. Until I found Big City Corvettes that is. They replied quickly and had the AC parts I was looking for. Unfortunately they didn't have the interior panels in the colour I needed (Firethorn), but promised to order repro versions of them. The horn button was not available, but I really want to replace the steering wheel anyway so it was left out. I waited a couple of weeks and just received a confirmation that my order has been shipped to Finland! Now I just have to wait until the parts get here and go through customs. Oh, and pay the 24% VAT and 4,5% customs tax.

As a bonus I also ordered yellow side marker lights for my car. The red marker lights are illegal in Finland so I'll replace the rear lights with yellow ones. I've read that they should fit right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment