Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fixing The Exhaust Pipe

I noticed my passenger side exhaust pipe was blowing quite badly. First meter of it was poorly made from flexible tube and the welds were terrible. Luckily the rest of the pipe was better so only the front part had to be changed.

At first I thought that I'd make the pipe myself but after crawling under the car for a while, I decided that it would be too difficult and dangerous without a lift. I called a few garages but most were on holiday. Finally I found JM Autohuolto from Järvenpää that could fix the it.

I drove the Corvette there in the morning and picked it up later. The new pipe had been build and welded together. I took a short test drive and the car sounded much better again. The nasty burble was gone as the exhaust was again flowing where it was supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment