Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Opening the Engine Again

To prepare for the coming projects, I decided to start by opening the engine. I labeled all the hoses and plug wires and got to work. First to come off was the carb. I disconnected the hoses while being careful not to spill any fuel and removed the nuts holding the carb in place. With the Holley in hand, I drained most of the fuel inside into a cup and left the rest to dry out.

Next were the valve covers. They were simple to just screw out and remove. Then I had to remove some of the cooling liquid so it wouldn't spill out while removing the intake manifold. After getting about 5 liters out, the water level was low enough and I removed the upper radiator hose and thermostat. I didn't remove the manifold yet as then I would also need to remove the distributor. I wasn't quite sure how to do that correctly so I'd do it with a friend.

I was on to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment