Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Passenger Side Emergency Brake

I was messing around the garage tonight and decided to check the passenger side emergency brake. I jacked the Corvette and removed the caliper as before.


Everything went smoothly and I started checking the system. This time the brake mechanism itself was OK but the shoes were not that good. Most likely they had been dragging for some time and overheated. This had opened some cracks in the lining. They were still in one piece though so I decided to put everything back together and hope they would last my light use.


Finally I adjusted the shoes and put the wheel back. I didn't take the car for a test drive but the emergency brake handle was quite firm now so hopefully this problem is finally solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment