Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Winter Time Blues

It's been a long time since my last update as nothing major has happened with the car. Driving season is already over so it's time to start planning for winter and recollect what happened during summer.

I drove only about 500 km (310 miles) with the Corvette but found some small problems during those trips. The interior is pretty noisy, it gets quite hot inside after the engine has warmed up and the coolant temperature rises if driving over 90 km/h (55 mph) for long periods. The first two annoyances should be fixed by adding more insulation to the interior but the last one could be a bit tricky. The problem is, I'm not absolutely certain, that the engine really starts overheating because the temperature sensor is right next to the exhaust manifold. It could just be heating the sensor at higher RPMs. I think I'll just add some heat wrap over the manifold before examining the problem further.

Another problem surfaced when I took the car for annual vehicle inspection. My Corvette didn't pass because the emergency brake didn't work properly. No matter how much I tried tuning it, I could not get it to hold. In the end I gave up and decided to check the brake during winter.

Those problems should keep me entertained for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment