Saturday, August 20, 2011

Center Console

Then I had to assemble the center console. This meant the parking brake and shifter covers. I figured that I should begin with the parking brake console and tried it on. Quickly I found out that I must first remove the seat belts as they should not be bolted under the carpet. At about this point I started to feel that bolting the seats had not been a good idea as there was no room to remove the belt retaining bolts. *Sigh*, out came the seats once more.

I unbolted the seat belts from the center console, cut small holes to the carpet and bolted the belts back in over the carpet this time. Now the edge of the carpet would go neatly under the console. Placing the console itself was quite simple. I attached the power window switched to it, connected the wires and screwed the console in.

Next was the shifter cover. I feared connecting it wouldn't be so simple. It had a lot of wires and vacuum hoses connected to it. Quickly I found out that removing the trim plate and AC controls made the job much easier. I then screwed the cover loosely in place, connected the wiring and vacuum hoses to the AC controller and placed it back in the cover. Last job was to attach the cigarette lighter wires and couple of lamps to the plate and screw it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment