Monday, August 29, 2011

Garage Cleaning

I was finally getting car parts that had been sitting on my shelves for nearly two years back where they belonged. So it was time to do some cleaning. My garage is really small and the Corvette just barely fits in it. I need to park it so close to the right wall that you can't move on that side of the car. The length is also so tight that the garage door just barely closes. I need to back the car out to the yard to do any work.

Now that I had the interior back in the car, I could clean the garage a bit and get more room in it. While doing this, I made a discovery from the storage room: the rear wheel well carpets were there! I had forgot about them and they were covered by other crap so I hadn't found them before.

After cleaning, it was time to continue the project. First issue was the dash pad. I unscrewed it, reconnected the light bulbs and started testing the lights. The indicators had stopped working so I began from those. Quickly I found the first problem: a fuse had burned. I replaced it and tested again. Now the left side indicators worked fine but right side front and back indicators didn't.

I removed the light bulbs, which seemed to be fine so I dug out my multimeter. All the connectors showed normal voltage. Strange. I couldn't find anything wrong from the wiring so I desided to replace the bulbs just in case. And after this everything worked perfectly! Well, that was easier than I had feared.

Next I desided to bolt in the valance panel and spoiler. Another relatively simple task. First I had to attach the retainers but then bolting the panels went without problems. Job done.

It was getting late but I decided to do one more thing: place one of the missing carpets in the car. I unbolted the rear quarter panel, seat belt cover and the seat belt retractor itself. Then I needed to cut a few holes to the carpet for the retractor bolts and put everything back together. The trunk was much nicer now!

Only a few more things left before registering the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment