Tuesday, September 20, 2011

And Lights Fixed

Oh well, the light problem was smaller than I feared. I measured different connectors and saw that no power was coming to parking lights. Then I noticed that the headlight switch didn't get power from the fuse box either. I checked the fuse and it was fine. After some more fiddling I removed the fuse to be absolutely sure that it had not burned, and it hadn't. I put the same fuse back and tested the lights again. They worked! WTF? I can only guess that the fuse had had a bad connection to the fuse box...

I also removed the driver side door card and drilled out the pop rivets that held the velcro retainers to the door. Then I replaced them with new ones and put the panel back on. Hopefully I won't have to remove it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment