Monday, September 5, 2011

Ready For Inspection

Today it was time to go throught the last problems. I started from the back-up light switch. After some fiddling, I did manage to loosen both bolts with a small wrench. Then it was easy to move the switch forward a bit and tighten the bolts again. After some testing and readjusting the back-up lights worked correctly! Finally I screwed the cover plate back and job was done. Now all the problems found in the inspection were fixed.

As I had some more time, I also decided to take a look at the shifter cable. This time I put the transmission to first gear and went under the car. Still, no matter how much I tweaked around, I couldn't get the shifter to work correctly. Cable was fine but there was some slack inside the transmission. I could turn the transmission lever way too much before the internal parts took hold. I just had to give up and be settle for the current functionality.

Tomorrow I must reserve an inspection time for wednesday and get temporary plates once more. I really hope this is the last time I need those...

No comments:

Post a Comment