Monday, September 19, 2011

Lights Stop Working

I took the Corvette for a short drive during the weekend to get some parts for it. The sound insulation seemed to work and the trunk was quieter now. Thats good news at least. Maybe I'll add some more later to cover all the bare fiberglass.

I drove with only the parking lights on but for some reason other cars flashed their lights to me. I found the reason at home: parking lights and rear lights did not work any more! Low beam and high beam lights worked normally. After dark I also noticed that the gauge lights were not working. Damn! I only had a few minutes to investigate the problem so I just checked the fuses and wiring in the light switch. Everything seemed to be OK.

I hope the new aftermarket headlight switch has not broken already. Its quality had not impressed me as the switch knob does not lock in place and the vacuum hose connectors are quite loose. I'll have to take another look later. I hope that this is just caused by some loose wire or blown fuse that I did not see.

And much cursing was also caused by one of the hub caps. When I got home I noticed that one was missing! Luckily new ones are not that expensive. I need to get retainers for them so I won't lose more.

No comments:

Post a Comment