Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cursing In The Rain

Well, I have not been driving around that much yet as it has been raining almost every day since I got the plates for the Corvette. And as I still need to seal the windshield, I don't want to drive around in rain... The few short trips that I've made have been mostly for testing the car. And I've found a few things to do:
  • At about 60km/h the passenger side window motor starts to vibrate and this causes a lot of noise. Hopefully this ends when I get the door card in place.
  • The "trunk" behind the seats is pretty noisy. I need to add some insulation.
  • The transmission really needs some work as you can't find all the gears with the shifter.
Attaching the plates to the car also proved to be more difficult than I expected. The rear plate fit in nicely but the front one didn't. I called the inspection office for options but it just was not possible to get a pair of plates that would fit both ends of the car. I checked some pictures from other finnish C3 Corvettes and the front plate was bent a bit in them. So I cut a bracket from some sheet metal, bent the front plate a bit so it fit in the slot and attached it to the car. Took hours to get both plates attached...

I also bought some black sound insulation carpet and attached it to the "roof" and back wall of the trunk. I need to take a test drive to see if it reduced the road noise at all. Perhaps I also should add the stuff to the corners of the trunk to make it look cleaner.


No comments:

Post a Comment